Email - email@example.com
CURRENT UNIT: SHORT STORIES
FINAL ASSESSMENTS WILL BE: 1. TEST (Monday, December 18) 2. ANALYSIS ESSAY (completed as an In Class Assignment and due by end of class on January 4)
Wednesday, December 13
2. Received questions (see files...) to be completed tomorrow (Thursday)
Stories you may have missed (linked):
Monday, December 4
2. Begin to answer the related questions. Check back for scanned copy.
Thursday, November 30
Students have time to work on the final project for The Crucible (due Monday, December 4 with assessment deadline of Wednesday, December 6 applying).
Wednesday, November 29
1. Grad write ups (forms available from me) - Due to me or Mrs.Comeau by December 8!!!
2. Read Identities and work on questions. Handouts in files section. To be completed for class on Friday.
Tuesday, November 28
1. What is theme? How does it differ from topic? How to write a thematic statement.
Monday, November 27
1. Work on final project for The Crucible.
FINAL PROJECT DUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 4. REFER TO PROJECT SHEET AND RUBRIC.
CURRENT UNIT: Drama Study
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
Full text of the play can be found at: https://archive.org/stream/TheCrucibleFullText/The+Crucible+full+text_djvu.txt
See files section for handouts that are available on this site for this unit.
Link to the witchcraft video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxzJjrUUVA&t=2215s
Friday, November 24
Individual or group work on final project. Focus: determine project option and brainstorm and/or start a rough copy. If working with a partner or group, strategize how the work will be divided or completed.
Cue card notes of above due by end of class!!
Thursday, November 23
1. Act I and II ICA returned.
2. Final Project assigned (see copy in files section). Project due on Monday, December 4.
3. Work on Act IV questions.
Wednesday, November 22
1. Read article "Mass Hysteria Can Strike Anywhere, Anytime"
The argument has been made that the girls in Salem were actually experiencing an episode of "mass hysteria".
2. A and C Blocks finish reading Act IV
3. A, C and D Blocks begin film version of Act IV
November 20 and 21
1. Completed and reviewed answers for Act III questions. See me if you need answers!
2. Started Act IV reading.
Friday, November 17, 2017
NO CLASSES - Morning PD, afternoon parent teacher meetings.
Thursday, November 16, 2017 (class)
1. I will be out today! Ms. Barkhouse will be in as my substitute.
A and C Blocks
- watch film version of Act III and work on Act III questions
- school wide assembly
PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS ARE IN THE EVENING! I WILL BE HERE FOR PARENT TEACHER.
November 15, 2017 (in class)
1. Read for 20 minutes
2. All classes will pick up reading in Act III
November 14, 2017
All classes writing the Acts I and II ICA for The Crucible.